I wanted to have some vibrantly coloured vegetables on the table for Christmas lunch with my family, and decided to serve simply blanched haricot vert and honey-glazed carrots.
The thing with the carrots is that they still need to have some bite after they’ve been roasted, so when you first boil them, make sure there is still plenty of crunch left in them.
- 500g carrots sliced into sticks
- juice of small orange
- 3tbs honey
- 1tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Add the carrot sticks to a saucepan of cold water and bring to boil
- Boil for 2 minutes max, and then drain and lay out in a single layer on a baking tray
- Add the orange juice, honey and olive oil in a jar, mix well and pour over carrots
- Season with salt and pepper
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes