A night in by myself made me fancy quiche florentine – it reminds me of quiche I used to serve in a cafe back in Sydney – how good the bacon smelled, and how the perfectly just-set eggy goodness wobbled when I served it.
- Pastry for one 9 inch crust pie
- 10 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (or you can use thinly sliced ham)
- 1 c. shredded cheese (I use half cheddar, half gruyere)
- 1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. light cream
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blind bake pastry shell for 20 minutes at 180C and let dry for 5 minutes in the oven. Reduce heat to 150C
- Sprinkle bacon, spinach and cheese in the pastry-lined tray
- Beat eggs slightly with the cream. Pour cream mixture into pie pan
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.