Quick, healthy and delicious – who could ask for anything more in just one dish ?
Packed with lean protein, you can whip this up for a simple lunch that will keep you satisfied till dinner-time.
Ingredients makes 2 lunchtime servings
- 1/2 cup quinoea
- 1 cup hot chicken broth
- handful coriander
- handful flat leaf parsley
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- few cubes feta cheese – I used Danish but any feta would do
- juice of 1/2 – 1 lemon
- few tbls good olive oil
- few tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the chicken broth to boil, add quinoea, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the germ of the quinoea appears
- Strain any excess liquid if there is any, fluff up the quinoea in the pot and let cool till warm (just so that it won’t cook the herbs)
- Add the vegetables and herbs
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper together – adjust to taste
- Dress the quinoea salad and you’re ready to eat !