One of the many upsides of doing a detox apart from feeling full of energy is that I swear you almost glow from the inside. OK perhaps it’s because I eat more non-detox food than I should, so when I am eating a diet of whole food, full of vitamins and nutrients … it shows more ?
I am convinced that I feel and look better because of all the wonderfully nourishing foods that are in this salad. Chickpeas provide zinc and folate for healthy skin, and the almonds and avocado provide heart-healthy, skin-moisturising mono-saturated fats. Beauty in a bowl !
Ingredients for two
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 small zuccini, sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- handful of raw almonds, dry toasted
- 1 avocado
- 100g chick peas, cooked
- Tahini – see recipe below
- Grill the zuccini slices
- Arrange salad in bowl and dress with tahini, thinned with water to desired consistency
lightly dry toast 100g sesame seeds and grind finely in a food processor. Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, 1 small clove of garlic and a pinch of salt and blend well.